The present, and third, Freemasons' Hall was built 1927-1933, by voluntary subscriptions, as a memorial to those who gave their lives in the First World War.
In addition to being the headquarters of English Freemasonry the Hall provides a central meeting place for London Lodges and Chapters. There are nineteen Lodge rooms in addition to the Grand Temple, together with Conference and Committee Rooms for more informal meetings,. Offices are provided for the Grand Secretary and his staff to administer the Craft, Royal Arch and Grand Charity, and workshops for the necessary maintenance of the fabric.
The Library and Museum act both as a repository for the records and treasures of Freemasonry and as an information centre for researchers and visitors from all over the world.